RIAN is rethinking economic development. We are working to:
- Restore resilience in America’s regional economies by approaching economic development strategy as a regional innovation system
- Create and improve the nation’s community of venture development organizations.
If you're new to the concepts of regional innovation systems and venture development organizations, then we’d like to offer a few steps to help make your participation in RIAN and your region’s move to more efficient and effective support of innovation-based economies much easier.
What do you want to do?
1. Learn About Regional Innovation
- Understanding a Region's Innovation Assets » read more
- Measuring Asset Abundance » read more
- Defining Strategies to Address Asset Deficiencies » read more
2. Learn About Venture Development Organizations (VDOs)
- Understanding the Characteristics of a VDO » read more
- Exploring a VDO Service Portfolio (under construction)
- Measuring and Benchmarking VDO Impacts » read more
3. Map the Locations of VDOs
- Locate aspiring VDOs » read more
- Recommend an Organization to be Added to the Locator » read more
4. Improve My Organization’s Impact
- Is your organization a VDO? » read more
- How does your organization measure up? » read more
Home » Getting Started » Getting Started